Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Friday, September 28, 2007

Impossible to Receive

Luke 11:7-8 "Then the one inside answers, 'Don't bother me. The door is already locked, and my children are with me in bed. I can't get up and give you anything.' 8 I tell you, though he will not get up and give him the bread because he is his friend, yet because of the man's boldness he will get up and give him as much as he needs.

There are times that God blesses us because we are His children. he gives us things because He loves us and wants our desires met. Then there are other times that He blesses us simply because we asked. We want things but we never ask because we think its impossible to receive. But God, here is telling us just because we have the boldness to ask, for anything, at any hour, He will give it to us.

God wants me to have the desires of my heart. And He knows all the desires, He just wants to hear it from me. He wants me to stand up for what I want and simply ask Him. When I do that He'll know the measure of how much I want it and not only give me that one thing but even more, as much as I need. Sometimes our wants are less than what we need and we only ask for the minimum but God wants to give the maximum.

Lord,
give me the maximum. My desire is for you to put my life in order and to give me my desires. I want my heart to feel whole again with love and compassion. Allow me to feel you and hear you louder than ever. God I want to see a change in myself and in the lives of those around me. Let the change be fast and noticeable. Be clear with me Lord and show me Your glory. I love you. Amen.

No comments: