Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Sunday, September 2, 2007

8/23/07 "Tainted Love"

1 John 4:7-8,11-12,18
Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 11 Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12 No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.18There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

Its so easy to say "i love you" but its hard to mean it. God implanted love in us when He entered our hearts but the world is full of mistrust, hate, fear, pride, etc. and we become tainted with all its lies. It gets so bad that Christians start pointing fingers at their brothers and sisters and puts Gods love aside. Love is supposed to complete us and if anyone is not complete with that love they are not complete in God.

I want to love more. I have love and I share it in different ways but I want more love. I want to trust more in people and in God. I want to stop being afraid of the flesh because that means i trust in it and I don't.

God,
you are love and you are in me. So give me more of you. Take out anything the world wants to stir in me. I put my eyes on you and lead me on your path. You are in charge of my life and I leave it all in your hands. I love you. Amen.

No comments: