Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Friday, September 28, 2007

9/27/07 Shake Me

Haggai 2:4c-7,9 'and work. For I am with you,' declares the Lord Almighty. 5 'This is what I covenanted with you when you came out of Egypt. And my Spirit remains among you. Do not fear.' 6
"This is what the Lord Almighty says: 'In a little while I will once more shake the heavens and the earth, the sea and the dry land. 7 I will shake all nations, and the desired of all nations will come, and I will fill this house with glory,' says the Lord Almighty. 9'The glory of this present house will be greater than the glory of the former house,' says the Lord Almighty. 'And in this place I will grant peace,' declares the Lord Almighty."

For God to shake our world and put it back in better order, we have to work at it. When we work, we have to be strong and patient and believe that God is going to rock us (our lives, the church, ministry) so hard that we will never be the same. God will impart His glory and peace over us but before He does, He has to shake us up. Be fore anything great comes the bad has to be filtered out. Eypt was the worst situation for the Israelites and they thought they would never get out but they had to endure that time to enjoy the land filled with milk and honey.

God doesnt want us to go throught Egypt but we all have to. Life is not full of roses, but its full of reality. God is being real with us and He is going to shake me left and right before His glory and peace fills me again. This is the time of trials and the time of testing my faith.

Lord, shake me. Move me. Change me. Rock my existence so I can get closer to you. I know its easier said than done, but give me the strength to go through anything that is put in front of me. Help me go throuhg it quickly so I can enjoy You even more than ever. I love you. Amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great message