Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Monday, September 10, 2007

9/6/07 Cut me Down

Ezekiel 31:10-12 "'Therefore this is what the Sovereign Lord says: Because it towered on high, lifting its top above the thick foliage, and because it was proud of its height, 11I handed it over to the ruler of the nations, for him to deal with according to its wickedness. I cast it aside, 12and the most ruthless of foreign nations cut it down and left it. Its boughs fell on the mountains and in all the valleys; its branches lay broken in all the ravines of the land. All the nations of the earth came out from under its shade and left it.

God makes it clear that He is looking at everything and everyone. He is looking at our hearts and attitudes. And if I am not right and think too highly of myself He will cut me right down. I believe His mercy is greater that in was in the OT, but His thoughts on pride haven't changed.

No matter what position I'm in or who my name is, there is always someone bigger than me. If I raise myself up then God will tear me down b/c He is the one who wants to lift us up and make us big. Its not from our own efforts, its from Him.

God,
keep me humble before you. I want to remain submitted to you and your word. Implant it in my mind and heart so I can share it with all people and show them your great power adn work on this earth. Than you for your hand of mercy and grace.
I love you. Amen

No comments: