Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

More Love

1 John 3:10-11;21-22 This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not a child of God; nor is anyone who does not love his brother. 11This is the message you heard from the beginning: We should love one another.
21Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God 22and receive from him anything we ask, because we obey his commands and do what pleases him.

Our hearts have to be right before God with love. Love for our neighbors. That love will take us to a place where people could see we are children of God and with that love anything we ask will be ours. As well as seeing the love in us, others can see how much we love Christ by what He is doing in us.

Its easy to determine if someone loves God or not if I have discernment or wisdom. But what if I don't? Than how can I tell? God makes it easy for me by seeing peoples actions. See if they really love their brother and if they are a child of God or not.

God, I want to only surround myself with people that I can learn from and help. Give me that strong discernment to see who is your child or not. I want to love my brothers and sisters as you love them. Give me more love and compassion because I know that I need it.
I love you. Amen.

No comments: