Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

8/14/07 "Flesh Stinks"

Jeremiah 17:5-6 This is what the Lord says, "Cursed is the one who trusts in man, who depends on flesh for his strength and whose heart turns away from the Lord. 6He will be like a bush in the wastelands; he will not see prosperity when it comes. He will dwell in the parched places of the desert, in a salt land where no one lives

God will curse me if I don't trust in Him. My flesh will always fail me, but God is always there. If I don't trust in Him, my life will be dry always looking for the next waterfall that is not there

My life has to be entrusted in the hand and will of God. No matter how scared or fearful I am of man. My life has to be lived by God. Flesh and man, no matter who they are, is merely flesh. But God is the One who puts my life in order and leads me to the right path when man tries to lead me to his path.

Lord, Only you truly know whats in my heart and the things I desire. Keep my eyes and ears focused only on you and make me attentive to you. You are my God, my Father, and my King. Guide me to the right path. Give me strength through criticisms of man and the power to keep going in your will and path for my life. You are the true God and Lord of my life. I love you. Amen

No comments: