Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

8/15/07 "Shout it out"

Jeremiah 20:9 But if I say, "I will not mention him or speak any more in his name, his word in in my hear like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed I cannot."

Holding Gods word in is not an option. Even if i wanted to hide Christ, its not possible for me. God has consumed me, all of me and that cannot be silent, nor was it silent in Jeremiah. No matter how weary or doubtful he was about prophesying and how fearful he was about his enemies, he spoke. He opened his mouth and allowed God to work through Him.

I have doubts, fears, wearies and questions about God, ministry, His power and will over my life. But it is impossible for me to stay silent about God. It is me and who I am. God has made me His and when I open my mouth. Its the words of the Lord that come out.

Lord, You are in me and with all my junk. I ask that you remain in me. You know my deepest desires in my heart and all my fears but with all that, take it and make it my strength. Every time I open my mouth, make them your words and not mine. I love you. Amen

No comments: