Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

I know my Sheep

John 10:9 I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. He will come in and go out, and find pasture.
v.14 I am the good Shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me

-Jesus was talking to the people who didn't believe that He was the Messiah
-They didn't care they just wanted a reason to kill Him because of everything He was saying
-Jesus knew who He was and needed to let the people know, whether they believed Him or not
-People needed to know how to get to the Father and the only easy was through Jesus
-Jesus was saying this in a metaphorical way, that they had to believe in the Son to get to the Father
-That's what the people didn't understand because it was something new that they were learning, and some people didn't want to accept it, b/c they liked their old way of living

-With Jesus everything is new
-He brought a new law, covenant and a new way of living
-A way of living that is tough at times, but its worth it
-A way of living that includes prayer, fasting, loving, compassion, forgiveness, joy - many things that we are not used to
-Jesus wants us to live a life that is opposite of the world - the world is full of hate, violence, & judgement - But living like Jesus means living out of the norm

-If Jesus is the gate and the Shepherd and i need to know where that gate is and i have to get to know the Shepherd
-I have to find the gate by reading the word and knowing what it says and means
-I have to find the Shepherd by knowing Him personally and intimately
-I need to talk to Jesus more than anyone, and that it a hard task...b/c Jesus is not physically in front of me - But that's also where my faith comes in
-I have to have faith that i can see Jesus physically and have an intimate relationship with Him
-My biggest weakness is prayer, even though i want to do it, I don't, but God still has incredible mercy over my life and every time i get into prayer I can feel His presence
-I can feel His presence over me all the time
-I bring Jesus with me everywhere b/c without His guidance I am lost

God,
Help me to be a better person and sheep. I want to find the gate and know the edges and the handle. I want to know the shepherd intimately where i can speak to you and feel you right away. I want to know you everyday and I know I have failed so many times in that area, Father don't give up on me. And I know I have said that many times, I don't want to fail you, I don't want to reject you, I don't want to lose my faith in you. You have all the answers and have all the love, which is why I want to give my all to you. To seek you and know you.
I love you. Amen

No comments: