Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Remain in You

John 3: 5-7 Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. 6Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. 7You should not be surprised at my saying, 'You must be born again.'

-So many people have there different versions of getting into heaven.
-They all want to feel good about themselves and about their deeds...deeds will not get us next to Jesus
-Deeds will not bring me to the feet of Jesus
-To truly go to heaven I have to be born of the Spirit and the water
-There are 2 baptisms 1. Water 2.Spirit
-The 1st baptism is to symbolize the forgiveness of sins (flesh sins) - we were born of the flesh and this symbolizes us stepping away from the things of the flesh
-The 2nd baptism in the Spirit is speaking in tongues, receiving the Holy Spirit in our lives and symbolizes stepping into the things of the Spirit
-To go to heaven we have to be Spirit filled b/c it is a place of Spirituality and Spirit worship and Spirit living
-If I am not Spirit filled or living in the Spirit I cannot live among those people

John 3:20-21 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God

-When we are in the light, we are in the Spirit
-The darkness hates the spirit because it exposes all that we are trying to hide
-When we are filled with Spirit there is nothing to hide, we don't live in the darkness
-We live in the truth because the truth sets us free and we want to be free to live a happy life

John 3:30-31 He must become greater; I must become less. 31The one who comes from above is above all; the one who is from the earth belongs to the earth and speaks as one from the earth. The one who comes from heaven is above all.

-My Spirit must become greater than my flesh
-Everything from the spirit is greater than things on this earth
-I have to live that way, that my spirit is greater and seeking those things of the spirit
-My flesh must be buried and kept under because it won't stop trying to overrule my spirit
-But if i remain in the spirit than the spirit will remain stronger and the light will constantly shine in my life


God,
Keep my light shining. I don't want to live in the flesh any more. The world wants to take me over and use me for its glory but i know i may fail at times, but know that my dedication remains in you. I was baptized in water and spirit therefore i want to be in you. I didn't do those things because i had to but because i wanted to. I want to be with you, I want to remain in you and worship you with all that i have and all that i am. You know my heart Lord, look in it because you will find that desire and passion to stay at your side and at your feet. I love you. Amen

No comments: