Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Do you love me?

John 21:15-17 When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon son of John, do you truly love me more than these?" "Yes, Lord," he said, "you know that I love you." Jesus said, "Feed my lambs." 16Again Jesus said, "Simon son of John, do you truly love me?" He answered, "Yes, Lord, you know that I love you." Jesus said, "Take care of my sheep." 17The third time he said to him, "Simon son of John, do you love me?" Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, "Do you love me?" He said, "Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you." Jesus said, "Feed my sheep."

Jesus wanted to make sure that Peter and the rest of the disciples knew what it was to love Christ. It wasn't to die for Him or to do something crazy, but all He wanted them to do was to: 1. Feed His sheep - proclaim the gospel so all could hear and 2.Take care of His sheep

As a leader and Pastor these are the two things I have to focus on. This is what my ministry entails. God is calling me to do these things and do it with all my heart, mind, and soul. This has to be a part of me, a part of my daily walk, to take care of these people spiritually.

God, I want to change this part of me. I want this to be me. I want to feed and take care of the sheep. You have called me to do that, so give me the strength to keep going and being who you've called me to be.
I love you. Amen.

No comments: