Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Something Beautiful Can Happen

John 2:3-9b When the wine was gone, Jesus' mother said to Him, "They have no more wine." 4"Dear woman, why do you involve me?" Jesus replied, "My time has not yet come." 5His mother said to the servants, "Do whatever he tells you." 6Nearby stood six stone water jars, the kind used by the Jews for ceremonial washing, each holding from twenty to thirty gallons. 7Jesus said to the servants, "Fill the jars with water"; so they filled them to the brim. 8Then he told them, "Now draw some out and take it to the master of the banquet." They did so 9and the master of the banquet tasted the water that had been turned into wine. He did not realize where it had come from, though the servants who had drawn the water knew.

OBSERVATION:
-Mary knew the power that Jesus had, and the disciples were trying to figure out this power that Jesus had
-Jesus also knew the power He had but was not ready to show the people
-I think He was looking for the perfect time and a better miracle to show the people of His authority
-When Jesus told his mother "why do you involve me?" Is to show that no matter what generation it is mothers are mothers
-Mary was so proud of her son ans wanted just the best for Him, she wanted Him to fix the problem, even the problem of changing water into wine
-I believe that Jesus would much rather had raised someone from the dead or healed a sick person, which is why He may have gotten annoyed with His mom
-But as a good son, He made the miracle happen, He knew that He could do it, that was something easy compared to what He knew He had to go through in the future
-Jesus wanted to be obedient, Honor his mother, which is why He did this miracle, out of obligation and respect for his mom
-And even though this was a small miracle compared to His others, it was still important because after this his disciples put their faith in Him, they believed after his simply changing water into wine, imagine their faith when He raised people from the dead, made the blind see, healed the sick, etc.
-Jesus did every miracle for a reason, He didn't just heal everyone because He knew He could do it, in every miracle there was a lesson to be learned
-He wanted people to learn from the faith of others, the compassion of others, the love that others had for Him

APPLICATION
-Even today Jesus wants us to learn from His miracles
-We shouldn't do everything because of obligation or respect, but sometimes we do, and Jesus proves here that its okay to do that
-Its OK to do things when the time is not right, but of course it depends what that thing is
-If you are a new follower of Christ and you feel your not ready to preach the Word, but your in a situation where you can...God wants you to
-God puts us in certain situations with certain people to break us out of the norm, He doesn't want us to be comfortable
-Because when we do things that are out of the norm something beautiful can happen
-Someone can get saved and change the world
-Someone can forgive or have compassion or help others
-Its not about ability but about availability - Jesus wasn't ready but He was available
-He knew He could do it, and even if He didn't want to at the time, He did

PRAYER
God,
Make me available to you and your word. Make me available to do your work and your will. I want to hear your voice and know when you are speaking to me. I want to know that it is you and obey you. Lord, I want to do things for you because I love you and because I want to. I don't want to do things out of obligation or respect to you, but because I have that drive and passion to do what you ask. Help me to do what you want me to do and not what the world asks of me. Help me hear your voice.
I love you. Amen

No comments: