Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Holy Legacy

Isaiah 53:2 He grew up before him like a tender shoot, and like a root out of dry ground. He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him, nothing in his appearance that we should desire him
-Isaiah was talking about Jesus, he was a prophet and was talking about the coming Messiah
-Isaiah wanted the people to know that Jesus was not coming on a white horse with shiny blue eyes, clear light bright skin, with a chiseled body and a Colgate smile
-But sad to say that the people didn't listen to Isaiah when Jesus came, they didn't want to believe that Jesus was the Messiah because He was just like them
-He looked like them, talked like them, even walked like them
-They wanted something more, but forgot this verse, they read and looked over just what they wanted to

v.3 He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering. Like one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not
-Jesus knew the meaning of hurt, He knew what it was like to lose friends, family, to be betrayed (i don't think Judas was the first to betray him)
-Jesus went through what humans go through
-He knew pain, hurt, hate, He knew what we felt and still feel
-He knows our hearts because He had one just like it, he hears them beating...He remembers the beating, the feelings, emotions that we have
-But we didn't care about that, we still don't care about that...its not our first concern
-He went through it and i go through the days like nothing ever happened
-He was spat on, kicked, bruised and i cry over a paper cut
-I can't change over night, God doesn't expect me to, He doesn't even expect me to cry over my failures...but He expects me to own up to them, not lie about them, go before Him and admit it.
-Admit those things and tell Him with my heart

v.4 Surely He took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered Him stricken by God, smitten by Him, and afflicted. 5But He was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by His wounds we are healed
-We made Jesus suffer
-We brought that pain upon Him
-We kicked Him, bruised Him, tore Him to pieces, we....I
-I did it..I am owning up to it, It was ME!
-I don't know if i would have been like Mary Magdalene at his feet crying not being able to watch, or even that woman who gave Him water on His way to Calvary or if i would be one of those who would just stare with a blank face numb to what was really going on
-I can't imagine what it was like, But i can see today, what i live today and how i would react today if that happened
- i don't want to be naive and stupid
-I don't want to live blindly, I can't....i won't

v.6 We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned his own way; and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all
-God gave Him our rebellion
-My stupid back talk, and dishonoring behavior
-My bad thoughts and mean heart
-My laziness and pridefulness
-My selfishness and cruelty
-God gave it all to Him....

v.7He was oppressed and afflicted, yet he did not open his mouth; he was led like a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is silent, so he did not open his mouth. 8By oppression and judgement he was taken away. And who can speak of his descendants? For he was cut off from the land of the living; for the transgression of my people he was stricken. 9He was assigned a grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death, though he had done no violence, nor was any deceit in His mouth
-He was quiet
-Taking each step in stride knowing each movement was one closer to His death, to His torture, to what He dreaded doing
-He knew that all those dreams that He may have had would never come true
-He probably saw loving couples that truly loved one another, and maybe dreamed of one day......maybe
-But that was all gone, He would never have an heir, never have a human legacy...But to Jesus does that even matter?
-His legacy is much more powerful b/c its not human, b/c its divine and holy
-He died a human death and lived a human life but left a holy legacy and a divine salvation

God,
Thank you for your son. You brought Him on this earth for a purpose, to save us. He died a thousand deaths in His heart but Lived then and still lives on today. You are my God and I am your people. Use me for your glory power and might. I love you. Amen.

No comments: