Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Monday, July 16, 2007

Submit

Hebrews 13: 7-8, 17: Remember your leaders, who spoke the word of God to you. Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate their faith. 8Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. 17Obey your leaders and submit to their authority. They keep watch over you as men who must give an account. Obey them so that their work will be a joy; not a burden, for that would be of no advantage to you.

- We go through so much in life that at times we forget those people that we affect.
- The leaders that he is talking about, are not only the leaders at church but also the leaders at home, school, work, life, etc.
- As disciples of Christ, He has put leaders in our path to obey them and take counsel from them, and even imitate them
- Jesus wants us to be better people, a better generation, He wants us to accomplish more than what He did and more than what are leaders are doing
-Not in vain or prideful, but in a way where we can keep the work of the Lord going
- Our leaders are to make sure we get from God all that we can, and they are to teach us those things
-And we in turn are supposed to accept it and obey it and submit to their authority
-At times i may not think that my leaders are correct, but i know that God has put them over me for a reason and to submit is a difficult thing
-But i know that i will receive more blessings if i submit than if i rebel
-God wants to see my heart and see how willing i am to follow Him and those He put right above me
- Gods word will never change...Jesus is the word and He is the same forever, so no matter if its 50 years from now God still wants me to obey my authorities

Father,
i thank you for the people you have put in my life. Each of them has a special place in my heart and a special place in line in my life. Each of them has something to give me that i want to take and obey them as much as possible. If there is ever a time that i rebel or go against them Lord, convict me and make me right. Give me the right heart to serve because thats the only thing you see. I love you. Amen.

No comments: