Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Be Good

James 2: 17-19 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action is dead. 18But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds." Show me your faith without deeds, and i will show you my faith by what i do. 19You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that - and shudder.

-Though it seems that James is going against what Paul has taught, they are actually supporting one another.
-James is telling the people that faith is done by actions
-Someone can't tell if you have faith if you don't show it
-People cannot see your faith sitting in your heart and spirit because its invisible
-Paul wanted us to receive salvation by faith alone but he also wrote to Titus about how important good deeds are
-if you have faith yet are a bad person obviously, as James says, your faith is dead
- James and Paul wanted the people to share their faith to others
-People can only tell the faith we have by our deeds
-Billy Graham is a man of integrity and high moral values. He hasn't been in any immoral positions, and has been loved by people who don't even believe in Christ
-He is a great role model and through his life, demeanor, and deeds He truly is a man of faith
-Other people who have been in the ministry have done some things that are questionable and their faith has been tested....and some, because of the way they handles things their faith has died

-It is my turn to become a person where others can see my faith shine through
-A person that helps others, the gives to others, and just loves others
-I want to be that person that God is proud of and when He looks at me He smiles
-I know i'm not perfect and God doesn't smile All the time, but i want to do good deeds and share them
-I have always been a person to share, i enjoy giving to others that just don't have what i have
-I want others to know that it is possible to get those things even when everything seems too difficult
-I want to be a role model for young girls to grow up, not to be like me, but to be way better!
-I want to show them what to do and not to do...i've done plenty of not's

Lord,
thank you for allowing me to live my life the way i did. i know if i didn't i wouldn't be sitting here talking to you. You allow many things in life and all i can do is learn from it. You are my Father and my God and from this day forward i want people to see that i am your child and how much i love you. I love you. Amen.

No comments: