Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Place of Love

James 1:22-24 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. 23 Anyone who listen to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror 24and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like

-The word of God is full of instruction, this is the human instruction manual
-The way we should live is in the word of God
-God took thousands of years to get the human race to a place where they know what to do and is giving us a chance to take that instruction
-The 10 commandments still pertain to us today, and some other things in the OT, even if Jesus came to change the law
-Before anything Jesus wants us to Love God with all our heart, mind and soul....then our neighbors...then ourselves
-I believe if we love how Jesus wants us to than everything will be easy not to do...if i love my neighbor i won't steal from him, kill him, covet him etc.
-Jesus knew where to start in our hearts and Love is the beginning of all
-God created us all out of Love
-God had Jesus die out of Love
-Love is the beginning and end....God is love
-The word is true in all aspects because it is God-breathed and the men who wrote it were spirit filled
-So James is saying put action to what you listen to because thats where God will bless you
-You can't eat a lot of food and not have it pass through your body and remain healthy that way
-When i hear a word that affects my life i need to put it into practice
-James, Jesus' brother even denied Christ at one time...He didn't know the true word (Jesus is the word)
-We all go through a time of denial of Christ and forget His glory but God always brings us back to the place where we started...the place of Love

-i know that i have to start remembering what i read in the word because that is where i will be able to defend the word of God
-Many people want to come against Christians but its time that we stop being scared and start being smart
-Smart about who we are in Christ and who He has called us to be

Father,
I have many issues i need to deal with , especially the one on remembering your word. I need help memorizing what your word says. I need more wisdom and strength to keep trying until i finally get it. I know that only you can help me, and only you can give me the answers when i need them the most. Your word says that you are the most High God and I believe that to be true. I believe that you are Everything...Everything to me, everything to this earth, to the people, to my heart. You represent all i want to be and all i want to be near. You are my God and my Father, my Savior, and my King. I love you so much. Thank You. AMen.

No comments: