Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Monday, July 30, 2007

Forever Light

Isaiah 60:1-2 Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord rises upon you. 2See darkness covers the earth and thick darkness is over the peoples, but the Lord rises upon you and his glory appears over you.
v.19-20 The sun will no more be your light by day, nor will the brightness of the moon shine on you, for the Lord will be your glory. 20Your sun will never set again, and your moon will wane no more; the Lord will be your everlasting light, and your days of sorrow will end.

-Knowing that this specific word was written for the Israelites, God has spoken to me through this
-Isaiah was prophesying to the Israelites telling them that it was there time, that all their afflictions will be substitued for compassion
-Their sins will be covered with grace and mercy
-That no matter how dark this world gets the light will shine not through earthly things but through God
-Gods glory will be the light that shines through them, Its His love that helps guide them
-They will no longer be the people that are known for their sufferings, but they will be now known for the people who have Gods light upon them, His forever light

-God is telling me the same thing...I know that I have had a good life, nothing too bad has happened to me, but that doesn't mean that I don't have problems inside - it doesn't mean i don't struggle
-Everyday is a struggle for me a battle on the inside in my spirit, to do certain things or not to do them
-Many times my flesh wins and my spirit takes a back seat, but God is telling me today that the Spirit is going to win
-That i just have to keep fighting because His light is upon me and I have to keep allowing that light to remain over me
-I will not live by the light of the sun anymore, My life will not be led by the light of the world - but by the light of God - that light He puts over me
-This world is filled with filth, junk, perversion, but God wants to take me out of that and make me different
-He is putting His heavenly light on me and taking out all my pains, hurts, sorrows, and worries in His hand

Father,
I thank you for guiding me. For taking me in your hand and helping me get rid of my worries, pains, sorrows, and hurts. That light that shines through me and on me is you. Only you can make me feel so good and precious. Only you can make me feel worthy of living and being in your family. Only you God can redeem me and give me everlasting salvation. Only you God...Only you. I love you. Amen.

No comments: