Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Friday, July 20, 2007

Love ME More

James 4:11-12 Brothers, do not slander one another. Anyone who speaks against his brother or judges him speaks against the law and judges it. When you judge the law, you are not keeping it, but sitting in judgement on it. 12There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. But you-who are you to judge your neighbor?

-As a Pastor i want to always try to do the right thing, and i don't
-Not until i read this passage did i realize that i have been judging people
-Not on purpose, and in a bad fashion, but by little comments here and there
- Nobody can escape this sin...no matter how holy they are
-This is a hard sin to get away from
-The enemy puts thoughts in our head and we can just normally be talking to our friends, and begin judging others
-James knew what he was talking about...He knew the power of judging others
-James didn't want others to fall into that sin
-We have to know the true power of the Judge
-If i judge i break the law "Love your neighbor as yourself" "Love the Lord your God with all your heart"
-If i judge someone else i am not loving God with all my heart or my neighbor
-I am saying that God is not doing a good job and i am not loving myself
-If i judge others God is being put on the shelf and so is His Word. I am saying that His power and authority have no merit and all that work that God did was for nothing
-If i judge someone I am also not trusting myself. I am not trusting the work that God has done in my life.
-I am giving all the power to the devil and he knows it....and enjoys it...he loves to hear slanderous things

-Its time for me to be real with God and with myself
-If i don't like someone, its ok...i can deal with it
-If i need to talk to someone, i can talk to God
-God needs to be the ears to listen to me, He can hear why there is someone that i don't like, He can take over my pain and hurt
-God wants to hear me more, in every aspect, good or bad

Lord,
Hear my prayer. I need your help. I judge people. Forgive me. Forgive my words, Forgive my actions, Forgive my thoughts. I don't want to take the power away from you in my life. I want you to continue leading me, and guiding me. I want you to be the Lord of my life forever. I want to love you with all my heart, and i want to love all my neighbors as myself. Put more love in me so i can love them more.
I love you Lord. Amen.

No comments: