Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Friday, July 13, 2007

Persevere to Receive

Hebrews 10:35-39: So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. 36You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what He has promised. 37 For in just a very little while, "He who is coming will come and will not delay. 38But my righteous one will live by faith. And if he shrinks back, I will not be pleased by him." 39But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who believe and are saved.

- No matter what generation it is the people of God need and needed a pick me up
- We go through so many things that at times its hard just to take an hour with God
- We also have weaknesses that have not been made into strengths and still overpower that area
- It is so hard for me to wake up early in the morning and pray
- I know that God wants me to do it because He has told me through numerous people and that is my weakness
-We all have a weakness that we have to overpower
-I love to worship and pray but to do it on my own is a discipline i have to master
- I believe that was the problem since the very beginning
-There were men like Daniel, David, Job, Abraham, Moses that just left it all to spend quality time with God, and i try to compare myself with them
-But i can't, i am not them, i am different
-When i don't pray and don't go before God the enemy tries to make me feel guilty for many things and rubs it in my face and it is so easy to believe him and when i do my confidence is set back
-But with God by my side and in my heart I can just like those men in the OT persevere b/c I have received that gift of salvation
-I am doing the will of God and i do have faith
- I am not one to go back to the world and live its lies
- The author of Hebrews knew that this generation was not a weak one
-So many youth are deciding to fight back, the world will no longer win, and we will battle for the Lord b/c Jesus battled for us!

Lord,
Thank you for winning this war for us. You give me the strength everyday to keep on going even when at times i forget you. I can never understand your mercy or grace upon my life b/c i fail you so many times. Father, i don't want to fail you, give me the strength to do your will everyday. I want to worship you wih everything i have. not just with my words and hands but with my whole body everywhere....i want to worship you at work, with my friends, in the car, i want my life to be worthy of you. I will not shrink back and allow the world to win. I will keep pressing through because you gave me the ability to want more out of this life. you gave me the dreams to keep going and i will follow those.
I love you. Amen.

1 comment:

Carlos said...

Nice blog... surprised there is no puma logo on here:)
Take care.