Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Rebels to Gods cause

Isaiah 46:3-4 Listen to me, O house of Jacob, all you who remain of the house of Israel, you whom I have upheld since you were conceived, and have carried since your birth. 4Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you, I have made you and i will carry you; I will sustain you and i will rescue you.
v.8-9 Remember this, fix it in mind, take it to heart, you rebels. 9Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me
1 Peter 5:8 Be self controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

-God is forever. That is His name. Always and forever
-He has been here and will remain here
-He is God above any god, He is Lord over all Lords, He is king over all kings, He is everything above all else
-Isaiah is talking to all those who believe and continue to believe
-God created us and remains with us, we will birth and perish and when we perish we will live with Him forever
-He will sustain us on earth and in heaven
-But we are humans, we are rebels to Gods cause...we sin, we fall, we fail, we lie, we kill, we steal, we forget, we do it all...everything against God
-we are rebellious beings BUT God wants us only to remember His word, because it is powerful enough to change lives
-God doesn't say "you rebels, go change your lives or I'll kill you one by one and torture you"...no He says "you rebels, Remember this....fix this in your mind..."
-God has ultimate faith...and not only in Himself but in us and in His word...faith that His word will penetrate into our own hearts and change us forever
-Gods command for us is to Remember....Remember that He is God and what He has done in the past...not for us to remember our past sins and failures, but His past accomplishments, His past successes, His past glories
-But if we don't remember than the enemy will use that selfishness in us and make us into his people
-The enemy wants to take Gods word and use it in a negative way, a way where people will get confused and just give up
-He is a lion waiting behind the bush to pounce on us...on me

-I have to remember God and His word...His promises....His everything for me
-God has given me a calling and His will for me to work with and if i forget for one second that lion will come out of hiding to jump on me and suffocate me
-Lions suffocate their prey, make them weak, tear them apart bit by bit
-The devil wants to tear me apart, starting with my mind...because the mind is weak, than going for my heart...if I'm not thinking its easy to get to the central part of a person
-The devil is slick but God is powerful
-The devil is smart but God has authority
-I am human but God is divine and the devil is stupid
-I will be a rebel...but a rebel to the world, a rebel to the devils cause, a rebel to anything against God
-I will be a servant of God and follow Him forever

Father,
I thank you for your word and faith in me. I know that without you believing in me it would be way too hard to do anything in this world. I would be lost without you. i want to reach out to you and seek you more, find you more. God, forgive me for not spending more time with you, you told me you want to speak to me more, and i still remember that day. I don't want to disappoint you, I don't want to fail you or forsake you. I will not take you for granted. Give me some more time. I don't want to let you down. Hear my heart, its beating for you.
I love you. Amen

No comments: