Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I Love Being a Woman!

1 Peter 3:3-5 Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. 4Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in Gods sight. 5For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to make themselves beautiful. They were submissive to their own husbands

-Peter wanted to make sure that whoever read that book that they would learn from the past
-The only way we can truly learn is to take past mistakes from ourselves and others
-As a single woman it is so easy to want to look good all the time and think that's all i need to do to win over people, esp. men
-But men don't only want a good looking woman, they also need substance
-Substance is the rest that is you - I am not only the outside person that i reflect
-I am not only Mexican American w/ brown eyes,brown hair, and tan skin
-I am someone that loves God with everything that I am, but i also fail at times to show Him that love
-I love to spend time with Him, but sometimes i don't do it
- i love to worship God, with body soul and mind, but there are times when i think things and do things i shouldn't
-Yes, I'm a Pastor but I don't pray everyday and its not always easy just to put all my trust in God when i don't see anything in front of me
-Peter was married and there's never any real mention of his wife, but i can imagine that she was a good woman, and he is describing her here
-It must have been hard when Jesus said to leave everything to follow him, i can imagine she battled with her husband because their lives were not stable, and woman want stability
-They want security in every sense
-But in writing this, i believe that he was describing not only what she did but what he had to do also in v.7 "Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers."
-Peter had to become a different man, He had to change his way of thinking and really take into consideration the life he has made with his wife
-Beauty will leave while getting old, but the spirit and heart remains the same - if you are a good person, that will show through you - if not, than people will see right through you

-I don't want to be just another pretty face that can dress up really nice and myself look good
-I don't want to be one of those women that uses their beauty to get ahead
-I don't want people to see me as the girl that looks good - i want them to see me first and foremost as a woman
-And not just a woman but a Pastor - someone with a calling and a purpose - a woman that is fulfilling that call that God has poured over my life
-A woman with power and authority and strength to get through the trials in life
-A woman that can do all things through Christ
-Men are awesome, but i love being a woman, i love being feminine and enjoying those things in life
-I love pink, and crying and being emotional, and being a daughter, a sister, and one day a wife
-I love the fact that i will one day make a man incredibly happy with who I am and what I can give him
-I love knowing that God is my Father and I am His daughter, that i can get on His lap and laugh and cry and just be silly with Him
-I love knowing that i have an earthly Father that loves me and protects me, and helps me in life
-I love knowing that I have guy friends that want to help me and know me and love me for me and not the outside of me
-I love having Pastors that believe in me and are not sexist or think of me as inferior but as an equal
-I love working with a woman who demands respect and knows who she is in God and can care less about the thoughts of others
-I love mentoring young girls that can learn from my past and learning from them the ways of youth in today's generation
-I love having a mother that is just crazy, stubborn, funny, and the most loving person in the world
-I love making new friends that i can relate to and just be myself around
-I just love being a woman!

Lord,
Thank you so much for making me a woman. I have my issues that i need to deal with but that never makes me want to be a different person. I love being me, because you created me in this way for a purpose and i love fulfilling that person. Make me known as someone with a sweet spirit and a lovable heart, not just a nice face and body. This face and body will leave and wrinkle, but not my interior, because you breathed it yourself and I am yours. Make me more like you everyday. Help me to be a better person and a better woman each day. I thank you my God. I love you. Amen.

No comments: