Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

9/29/07 Quit Shopping!

Luke 12:22-23,30,34 Then Jesus said to his disciples: "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. 23 Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. 30 For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them. 34 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

God knows what we need, even if it those things we toil about. Fashion, style is big in my world. I want to look good and be up to date, but what good is it if I lose God in the process? Gods purpose has nothing to do with what the world has or wants. The world is about destroying, killing and stealing. And Gods is about love, compassion, joy, and mercy. In Gods purpose we don't have to worry. Even though we still do because the world is strong, but its time to stand up and refuse what the world is selling.

Every month i go out and buy things that i truly don't need. Those are all wants of mine and i worry that if i don't get them I'll be missing out but then after i buy them i worry that i spent too much. So whats better? Neither, because I'm worrying too much! The word says not to worry and actually just relax. He knows what i ultimately need and will give it to me.

God,
you have always provided for me and i trust you with my needs and wants. You are my pathway and refuge. I want to stop worrying and start focusing on whats the most important, that's you. Help me to stop being a worry some person and be that free spirited joyful being you created me to be. I love you. Amen

No comments: