Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Thursday, October 25, 2007

With Weeping Deep Shadows

Scripture
Job 16:6,16 "Yet if I speak, my pain is not relieved; and if I refrain, it does not go away. 16My face is red with weeping, deep shadows ring my eyes;

Observation
Job was going through the hardest time of his life and didn't know how to deal with it. He could've lashed out but that wouldn't change the situation, he also could've stayed completely quiet but that too wouldn't make a difference. He cried and cried till he couldn't cry no more. He gave himself to the Lord and everything he had in him. There was no where to go and nothing to do but stay put.

Application
God takes us through completely trying times. We could have such a peaceful life than BAM! The devil knocks us out. This is my time of true trying of my character. I feel helpless like there is nothing i can do right. If i do the right thing something wrong comes out. If i do the wrong thing my heart feels betrayed. So what do I do? what can I do? Just wait. Wait for the right time, wait for the time that God will do something. That's all i can do. I've given up on defending myself cause that gets me yelling, so I just have to leave it in gods hands because He is the judge, the merciful one, the graceful one.

Prayer
Dear Heavenly Father,
You are so good and I thank you for my life. Its not perfect right now and I hate the situation I'm in. It's my fault for not listening to you sooner, but I know that your grace and mercy over me is sufficient. I have learned from my mistakes and choose to move forward. Shut the mouths of the lions and snakes and use me for your glory. I know you know my heart and the honest truth. Let my heart be known to those that truly need to see it.
I love you, Amen.

1 comment:

Calence said...

Right on, Melissa... keep your strength and your courage and keep pushing forward to do what you feel called to do... you're on your path, don't let anyone or anything knock you down!!!!!

PS: I guess my blogger account is so old it still says Jay on it, I can't even access it to change it haha but this is Calence (myspace.com/calence) just so you don't get confused and all...