Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Refine to Gold

Zechariah 13:9 This third I will bring into the fire; I will refine them like silver and test them like gold. They will call on my name and I will answer them; I will say, 'They are my people,' and they will say, 'The Lord is our God.'"

God wants to take a certain amount of people who are willing to change their lives to refine us. He has to put us through fire, then shape us and mold us to something more beautiful. Through the fire we will melt and become soft because it hurts, it burns to go through something so hot. But once we're out of the fire, God wants to see if we'll come out like gold. He uses gold because it is the most extended, shaped, and deformed metal that won't crack. It can undergo a lot without breaking. He wants to see if we will break in the fire or remain strong.

God is definately shaping me at this time. And through it all I have remained gold. I know all of this is not so i can crack in the first moment of heat, but to walk through the fire remembering and declaring who my God is and what He means to me.

God,
Keep molding me and shaping me. I want to be your gold. I want to come out of the fire without a crack. I want to come out stronger than ever. You are my refiner and my Savior; my king and my Father; my friend and my Everything. You created me, molded me, and guided me. I thank you Holy Spirit for always being there adn taking me through this fire without fear or doubt. I love you, Amen.

No comments: