Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Friday, October 26, 2007

Corruptions Father

Scripture
Job 17:14-15 if I say to corruption, 'You are my father,' and to the worm, 'My mother' or 'My sister,' 15 where then is my hope? Who can see any hope for me?

Observation
Job was near death. God allowed satan to do what he wanted just not to kill him, but thats what was next to what Job went through. To end his life would have brought peace to him and maybe even to his friends. Instead of facing what he was going through he could have given up and faced death in the face and embraced it. He could've tried to runaway from all his issues, but he'd have the same problems, just in a different surrounding.

Application
It's so easy to run and never look back. When we run from our problems we think they'll just go away, but it'll make it worse. Even though confrontation is the hardest thing for me to do because of my own insecurities, I have to do it. Life is all about confrontations and issies I have to deal with. People will always have something to say and will want to get in my face but God wants me to stand with my head held high and proclaim the truth even if others don't believe, I'll believe.

Prayer
God,
I know there are things in my life that i hide from others and I know I can't hide it all from you. Father, forgive me because there are times that i do forget that you are watching me and I do wrong. I'm asking for your grace and mercy because only you can make things right. I know of what to do and not to do, I am human and do make mistakes, help me to be on the right track as much as possible, I'm human; not perfect. I thank you Lord for your love and mercy.
I love you. Amen

No comments: