Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Thursday, October 25, 2007

10/20/07 Strike them down

Scripture
Acts 12:21-23 On the appointed day Herod, wearing his royal robes, sat on his throne and delivered a public address to the people. 22 They shouted, "This is the voice of a god, not of a man." 23 Immediately, because Herod did not give praise to God, an angel of the Lord struck him down, and he was eaten by worms and died.

observation
Herod must have been talking about powerful things in his address for the people to think e was a god. And Herod must have heard what the people were saying because Herod was not a man of God. When he heard the people his heart must have believed it and maybe even admitted it. I can only speculate about what happened, but God was at his last straw with Herod. He knew that enough was enough and had to cut him down to allow the disciples to keep going on their mission.

Application
Sometimes we want to do big things for God but there are people in high positions that don't want us to keep going. They believe they are more powerful than God and even kill anyone who is against them. It's time for me to stand up and do what God wants me to do. I need to find Gods purpose and stand up to those who don't believe because God will make a way when there seems to be no way.

Prayer
God,
make that way. You are the ultimate and mighty God. You strive to make things better and strike those down who come against you. Make me a stronger person and never allow anyone to think they are better than You. Strike them down to show everyone else your true power and glory.
I love you, Amen.

No comments: