Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

10/01/07 Keep me Grounded

Luke 14:10-11 But when you are invited, take the lowest place, so that when your host comes, he will say to you, 'Friend, move up to a better place.' Then you will be honored in the presence of all your fellow guests. 11 For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."

Jesus commands us to be humble. We could be famous, authoritative, but we still have to humble ourselves. Never think more of who you are because God will humiliate us to get us back to that level. Many people with money forget their roots and others can never forget, but we are no lower or higher than they are. God created us all equal and wants us all to be humble before Him and man.

I am a Pastor but a servant first. God called me to work for Him and for His people. Even with all my degrees I have no problem doing labor work because I know where I would be without God and that's my motivation to remain grounded in God.

Lord,
no matter where I am or who I become keep my feet on your foundation. Keep me humble before you and your people. I know who I am in you today, Keep your word burning in my heart and mind. I love you, Amen.

No comments: