Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Fearful Criminal

SCRIPTURE
Luke 23:40-43 But the other criminal rebuked him. "Don't you fear God," he said, "since you are under the same sentence? 41 We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong." 42 Then he said, "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom." 43Jesus answered him, "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise."

OBSERVATION
The repentant criminal believed in God. He must have grown up with at least some discernment and fear for God for proclaiming his belief on the cross. He must have thought that he had nothing to lose by believing that Jesus was the Messiah. He saw Jesus for who He really was and followed Him during his death. Even though he was a criminal he must have heard some of Jesus' teachings because Jesus talked about the kingdom many times.

APPLICATION
Jesus takes anyone, anytime, anywhere. The criminal was repentant and believed in Christ. He didn't do a long sinners prayer. His heart was sorry and ready to receive. Our hearts need to be the same way. Our hearts need to be open and desperate for Jesus to work in it and fix whats inside of us so when we do go to heaven we'll be going to paradise.

PRAYER
God,
I thank you for your forgiveness. I thank you that you have given me a chance to become a better person. I thank you for loving me so much that you gave your life for me. You suffered and dies so that I may live. You didn't have to, but you did. There is no sacrifice greater than yours. I can't wait to be in paradise with you.
I love you. Amen.

No comments: