Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

10/4/07 Lose my life

SCRIPTURE
Luke 17:32-33 Remember Lot's wife! 33 Whoever tries to keep his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life will preserve it.

OBSERVATION
Lots wife looked back at the life that was being destroyed. God told them specifically not to look back, but she did and once that happened she became a pillar of salt. When it comes to going back to our past life, God isn't joking. He doesn't want us to preserve once was, but to let it go. Jesus wants to emphasize the importance of losing who we were and gaining who we are in Him. To lose my life I have to let go of past things that hurt me and led me to sin. And accept what God gives me and live a new life.

APPLICATION
God is telling me to lose my old life. If i keep my old friends, my old habits, my old attitudes than how can I say that I am a new creature in Christ? How can I say that I have new blessings every morning if I can't even let go of simple things? If I keep my life than I am only living for myself and telling God He isn't good enough. I want to tell God that He is more than I can imagine and than show Him with my life.

PRAYER
Lord,
Give me the power and strength to lose my life in this world. Show me to move forward in you and to keep going strong in your word. You are my rock and my foundation. You are my everything I have and everything I need. You are the reason I get up and have joy. Lose my life and gain you is all I'll ever want and need.
I love you. Amen

No comments: