Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Friday, April 30, 2010

Through Gods Eyes


2 Samuel 6; 1 Chronicles 13; Psalm 68; Matthew 17

2 Samuel 6:20-22 When David returned home to bless his household, Michal daughter of Saul came out to meet him and said, "How the king of Israel has distinguished himself today, disrobing in the sight of the slave girls of his servants as any vulgar fellow would!"

21 David said to Michal, "It was before the LORD, who chose me rather than your father or anyone from his house when he appointed me ruler over the LORD's people Israel—I will celebrate before the LORD. 22 I will become even more undignified than this, and I will be humiliated in my own eyes. But by these slave girls you spoke of, I will be held in honor."

While David was growing up, he loved to be alone worshipping God in his own element. No one was around to tell him what was a good or bad way to praise God. Not even God told him what was right or wrong, because David opened his heart and worshipped God with everything in it and that was all that mattered to God. Michal was used to a more confined way of worship, a modest and quiet prayer to the Lord, which still isn't wrong either. Yet when these two worlds clash and judgement is involved than that's when things get wrong.

Michal was embarrassed by the way David was worshipping God, especially because he got naked in front of people. As a wife it is OK to have concerns when a your own husband is disrobing in front of others, especially other women, however David was being vulnerable and weak in human eyes but if Michal would have looked through her spiritual eyes, she would have seen a man acting like a happy child praising his God.

Judging others is an ugly road to walk on. The reason we do judge is because we are looking through our worldly eyes and not our spiritual eyes. We see things that are not acceptable in the world but forget that the Lord loves the weak, the broken, the lost. Those are his people and He only have love and compassion for them. And I need to put on my spiritual eyes and start seeing the world through them. Not looking at things in the surface but the heart of the people, why they are doing what they are doing; acting the way they are acting; being who they are being. When I look through Gods eyes I will see more than a naked man or woman I will see their heart and who they truly are.

Lord,
Thank you for allowing me to see through your eyes. The world tries to force their views and thoughts upon me, but through the darkness God you shine your light upon me. You are my lamp through this dark place and only you can make me into a child once again.
I forever love you always
Amen

No comments: