Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Long Road


2 Samuel 8-9; 1 Chronicles 18-19; Matthew 21


Matthew 21:28-31 "What do you think? There was a man who had two sons. He went to the first and said, 'Son, go and work today in the vineyard.'

29" 'I will not,' he answered, but later he changed his mind and went.

30"Then the father went to the other son and said the same thing. He answered, 'I will, sir,' but he did not go.

31"Which of the two did what his father wanted?"
"The first," they answered.

It is better for a man to do things late than never do them at all. Jesus was trying to teach his people that its better late than never. Even if people go the long road by sinning and saying they'll turn to God and finally when they're older they do it instead of accepting Jesus and pushing Him to the side their whole life. Taking the long road is at times the better road for certain people. Peter was almost like the 2nd son because he said he would never betray Jesus yet did it in less than a minute. However he made the right choice when he repented once again and started ministering.

Matthew 21:21-22 21Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done. 22If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer."

Some people never turn to God because they don't get what they want. But God is telling us when we do turn to Him, when we do find the light at the end of the tunnel, the journey doesn't stop there. He wants us to pray and read His word and believe in Him. Its not a journey that ends because it keeps going till the day we get to heaven and our other journey begins.

If i want something to happen, if i want my journey to keep going than i have to keep praying. I will make the right decision, the one God wants me to make when i remain trusting in Him, in His word and His will for my life. When i stay in prayer and in worship is when God will speak to me and listen to my cry for Him.

Lord,
Thank you for allowing me to find you. Yes i may take the long road in trying to figure out what is right for me but i know when i do you are right there with me. Never let me go Lord
I forever love you always
Amen

No comments: