Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

I am weak but He is strong


1 Kings 6; 2 Chronicles 3; Psalm 97; Romans 1

Romans 1:20 For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

One of Pauls dreams was to minister to the Romans. These were the physical people who took Jesus into their hands and nailed him physically to the cross. These people were ruthless, they knew no mercy and didn't care. These were the exact kind of people that Paul loved and wanted to get close to.

Who the Romans were are the people most of us are afraid to even speak to. We go to the streets and see someone on the floor and instead of seeing if they are ok, we walk pass them judging them thinking they are just drunk. The Romans were people that carry guns, that kill for territory, that look scary on the outside. Yet, Paul saw them as Gods creations and wanted to reach out and help them.

As followers of Christ and disciples of Paul, we are to follow the example. Help those, however they look like, in finding the truth about God. When someone walks into these doors we are to open our arms and give them a loving hug. Jesus would want me not to be scared of how someone looks, because my fight is not against flesh and blood but against principalities. My war is with the spirit world and how the devil thinks he could handle me. My battle is not my own to fight but I have the Lord to protect me from any fear.

I have no excuse to make when I ignore someone. The fear is my own because God didn't give me a spirit of fear but a spirit of peace and love. If I see someone that I don't think would listen my first instinct is to walk away, but the Lord wants me to move forward and talk to such people. My weakness is the Lords strength therefore my power is in Him.

Lord,
Thank you for your strength in me. I know there are times when I don't listen to your spirit and I do walk away. But I want to stop walking away and keep moving forward to you. Forgive me for not listening to your word.
I forever love you always
Amen

No comments: