Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Friday, May 14, 2010

Don't look to Strangers


1 Chronicles 22-24; 1 Thessalonians 3

1 Chronicles 22:6-10 Then he called for his son Solomon and charged him to build a house for the LORD, the God of Israel. 7 David said to Solomon: "My son, I had it in my heart to build a house for the Name of the LORD my God. 8 But this word of the LORD came to me: 'You have shed much blood and have fought many wars. You are not to build a house for my Name, because you have shed much blood on the earth in my sight. 9 But you will have a son who will be a man of peace and rest, and I will give him rest from all his enemies on every side. His name will be Solomon, [a] and I will grant Israel peace and quiet during his reign. 10 He is the one who will build a house for my Name. He will be my son, and I will be his father. And I will establish the throne of his kingdom over Israel forever.'

God has a plan for everyone, each and every single person. But when we fall out of Gods will, even for a moment, what God wanted us for that moment could change. God wanted David to build a temple for him and planted it in his heart to do so. But when David walked out of Gods will and killed Uriah to be with Bathsheeba, God saw something in Davids heart that he never saw before. And knowing that David had that type of sin in his heart, he couldn't let him build the temple.

God wanted a man of peace and rest. A man who was different from everyone else. David, when he was younger was that kind of man. He loved singing and song writing, yet was a warrior at heart. And when that warrior took over, God knew that he wasn't the right man. So God had to use Solomon. Solomon wasn't a man of war or blood shed. He was a man of wisdom, peace, and rest. God wanted a temple built knowing that no war would come and destroy it.

God has plans for me, but if i walk out of his will he is going to choose someone else until i get back into his will. I would rather have my child complete Gods will than some stranger, but for me that's not possible right now. So i have to work harder to make sure when God calls me to do something, I do it and put my whole heart into it. My sin cannot take over Gods will for me or else i could miss out on the greatest things in life.

Father,
Thank you for calling me your daughter. For calling me into your will. I want to hear you, clearly, and follow you, clearly. Search my heart and make it clean so I know what you want me to do in life. I want to be with you and in your will, I want to complete it, use me Lord.
I forever love you always
Amen

No comments: