Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Friday, May 21, 2010

Are you a Follower?


1 Kings 7; 2 Chronicles 4; Psalm 98; Romans 2 Romans 2:12-13 All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law. 13For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous

The Romans were people who lived by their law. They lived by their rules, yet Paul was trying to explain Gods law, Gods rules. His are different from land laws therefore they should be regarded differently.

It is better for me to say I won't do something and actually do than say I'm going to do something and not do it. Because I can tell someone something and I can say something but if i don't do something about it than I am just a coward. Gods want me to live what I believe. And when i do that than i am righteous in His eyes.

v.28-29 A man is not a Jew if he is only one outwardly, nor is circumcision merely outward and physical. 29No, a man is a Jew if he is one inwardly; and circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code. Such a man's praise is not from men, but from God.

Gods looks at our hearts because that is where He will see if we are truly His followers. A word is one thing but an action is another. If I say I'm a follower yet stay quiet...I'm not a follower. If I say I'm a follower and I share the gospel and follow the Lords commands...I'm a follower.

Lord,
Thank you for allowing me to get spiritually circumcised. I can cut out the things of the world through you. I know I still have things to work on and parts of the world to cut out of my heart, help me with those things. I want to walk straight and be righteous before you. Show me the things I need to cut out so I can start on the straight and narrow.
I forever love you always
Amen

No comments: