Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Lean not on Me


Proverbs 1-3; Romans 7

Romans 7:22-23 For in my inner being I delight in God's law; 23but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members.

If you read Pauls letters, you will notice a struggle within him. He loves God however there was a battle inside of him that he was struggling to overcome. He knew all about love and justice, God and satan, the bible and the law of the land. He was strong and intelligent and weak all at the same time. And Paul wasn't alone, because that is all of us. We, I, love God with all my heart and soul yet the enemy is waging a war inside of me and making me weak at times so that I fall into his sin.

Proverbs 3:3-6 Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart.4 Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man.5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

When satan wants to battle within me, instead of fighting him back with my bad words or just even giving up...I love. I don't love satan but i love myself. I trust that God will forgive me and has already forgiven me, i trust in the unconditional mercy of God and his surrounding grace that is everywhere.

v.3 when love and faithfulness becomes a leech and sucks me dry, is when I forgive easily. I look at people who have hurt me with the eyes of the Lord. When love and faithfulness are like a tattoo - it hurts at first because its hard to love my enemies, but once it heals its there forever and the mercy and grace of God is layed upon me.

v.4 When you love others and you show them by respect and kindness, not only will other people see it, but God sees it. He knows when I am extra nice to someone, when I open the door for someone, when I give my seat, when I help another. He sees when I go out of my way and others may not appreciate it or even care, but God does.

v.5-6 When i trust God and trust Him with even my weakness He will stir me in the right direction. He will make sure that I am in the right season of my life and doing the things that i'm supposed to. Sometimes I want to stir my own car and make a right or left but when its time for God to stir the wheel, He will make it known and take over from there.

Lord,
Thank you for your love and kindness that has been poured over me. Thank you for making me who I am, how I am. I know that I have strengths and many weaknesses but I pray and ask that you continue to pour your love and grace over me. I want your love to be the mascot inside of me cheering me on to keep going and searching for you. I love you with all my heart and soul, keep me in your path and if you see me stirring away take over and start driving.
I forever love you always
Amen

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have only just started reading your blog and its amazing. it inspires me. ive been going through a really rough time lately, and each of your posts seem to boost me up. i really miss yall at jubilee and i hope to read more on your blog. ^,^
-Auty