Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Mine and Yours Temple


1 Kings 4-5; 2 Chronicles 2; Psalm 101; 2 Thessalonians 3

2 Chronicles 2:4 Now I am about to build a temple for the Name of the LORD my God and to dedicate it to him for burning fragrant incense before him, for setting out the consecrated bread regularly, and for making burnt offerings every morning and evening and on Sabbaths and New Moons and at the appointed feasts of the LORD our God. This is a lasting ordinance for Israel.
Solomon knew what God wanted him to do. David was supposed to build this temple but David came to the point in his life that he didn't have time because he was busy with the wars and fighting. Yet Solomon, a man of peace and wisdom, is young and has the time to build this temple for the Lord.

Even though Solomon built a whole temple from scratch, God wants us to build him a temple. The temple in our hearts, in our rooms, in our secret place. This temple is to be dedicated to God - the time that we spend in this temple is to be dedicated to God. All that we do, say, hear is for Him.
- "for burning fragrant incense" - this is for our temple to have a beautiful fragrance going around. This doesn't literally mean we need to burn incense in our temple, but for our temple to be a nice smelling place and place that the Lord would want to spend time in with us.
- "setting out the consecrated bread regularly" - the word is our living bread. When we are in the temple spending time with Him, this is the time we are to read the word. We are to set time apart to be with him and learn more about God.
- "for making burnt offerings every morning and evening" - we are to pray to him, offer him up our time which is sometimes a sacrifice. This is being obedient to him.
- "and on the Sabbaths and new moons and at appointed feasts" - praying to God every chance we get. Worshipping Him during our time off - dedicating it directly to Him and for Him.

Lord,
thank you for giving me the chance to build my own temple for you. I know i can't make one like Solomon but i know you didn't call me to do that. I am here to worship you in my temple during my dedicated time to you. I love worshipping you and reading your word. I am here for you.I forever love you always
Amen

No comments: