Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Grace


Proverbs 22-24; Romans 14

Romans 14:2-4 (The Message) For instance, a person who has been around for a while might well be convinced that he can eat anything on the table, while another, with a different background, might assume he should only be a vegetarian and eat accordingly. But since both are guests at Christ's table, wouldn't it be terribly rude if they fell to criticizing what the other ate or didn't eat? God, after all, invited them both to the table. Do you have any business crossing people off the guest list or interfering with God's welcome? If there are corrections to be made or manners to be learned, God can handle that without your help.

Paul was someone who got it. He understood the purpose, the idea, the concept. He knew what it meant. He wasn't perfect and may have messed up here and there but he lived it. Grace. Grace is about showing the other person you love them NO MATTER WHAT.
You a satanists...I love you.
You a homosexual...I love you.
You curse God...I love you.
Does that mean I approve of the way your living...absolutely not.
Grace means that I accept you, that I wont judge you, I won't hate on you because your not living the right life.
It means I will listen to you and if you need my advice be prepared to hear something you may not want to hear.

v.17-18 God's kingdom isn't a matter of what you put in your stomach, for goodness' sake. It's what God does with your life as he sets it right, puts it together, and completes it with joy. Your task is to single-mindedly serve Christ. Do that and you'll kill two birds with one stone: pleasing the God above you and proving your worth to the people around you.

I am not the one to set your foot back on path. I can help you get there but its God that puts things back in control.
God has called me to serve Him. And serve Him only. I am not to worship my parents or any other thing on this earth, but look to Him and know who He is at all times.

Lord,
Thank you for creating me to serve you. Thank you that I can see you in things and find you. I know i have sinned and ask for your forgiveness in my life and those times that i have judged others and looked at the speck in their eye when there was a brick in mine. Lord you have always shown me ultimate grace and I want to take your path to show others what you have always shown me.
I forever love you always
Amen

No comments: