Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Friday, June 18, 2010

6/18/10 Stop Comprimising


1 Kings 22; 2 Chronicles 18-19; Colossians 4

2 Chronicles 19:1-3 But Jehoshaphat king of Judah got home safe and sound. Jehu, son of Hanani the seer, confronted King Jehoshaphat: "You have no business helping evil, cozying up to God-haters. Because you did this, God is good and angry with you. But you're not all bad—you made a clean sweep of the polluting sex-and-religion shrines; and you were single-minded in seeking God."

God created us to follow Him. He created us to be one with Him and see Him. However once people get older and start seeing things differently they either choose right or left. There are others that go right than left than right again than left again. There are some that choose right and never look to their left and vice versa. Jehoshaphat was on the right path and to please the king he looked left. He could have been like Micaiah, but he didn't want to be looked down upon. So he was known as a man of God yet there were things he compromised with.

As a Christian and human I can be easily swayed. Knowing I stand for Gods goodness yet have the temptation of the world on my shoulders, I can be white yet be able to try black. Doesn't make it right that i make an excuse, doesn't mean I won't pay the consequences even I know Gods grace, it just means I have to search my heart. Jehoshaphat could've been killed by God because he was luke warm. But he wasn't because God saw his heart. It didn't make it right, but God saw that he truly loved God.

I truly love God and my heart is always thinking of Him and making sure I do the right things, but I don't always do that. There are times when I look to the left and move towards bad things for selfish reasons. Because that's all sin is...selfishness. Why did Jehoshaphat love God yet allow himself to be swayed by evil men? Selfishness. Why do I love to worship God yet don't do it as much as I should? Selfishness. And I can come down on myself but I know that God knows my heart and if I keep my heart good before God, that's what matters.

Lord,
Thank you for searching my heart and seeing that I truly love you. Forgive me for looking to the left for being selfish and not thinking of you first. Forgive me for not being stronger knowing that you made me strong in you. Thank you for giving me my place in your kingdom.
I forever love you always
Amen

No comments: