Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

I Am because You Are


1 Kings 20-21; 2 Chronicles 17; Colossians 3

Colossians 3:22-25 22-25Servants, do what you're told by your earthly masters. And don't just do the minimum that will get you by. Do your best. Work from the heart for your real Master, for God, confident that you'll get paid in full when you come into your inheritance. Keep in mind always that the ultimate Master you're serving is Christ. The sullen servant who does shoddy work will be held responsible. Being a follower of Jesus doesn't cover up bad work.

There are many people in this life that have worked hard to where they got. They weren't lazy nor made excuses for themselves. They looked life in the face and conquered every tribulation that came in front of them. Paul was one of those men. He killed Christians before he converted. He was a hated, despised, feared man from the people that he eventually was trying to reach. He could've looked away and felt sorry for himself saying that there was nothing he could do because people didn't trust him. He could've said sorry God, but my past is too gruesome and painful, I just won't do it. But instead he knew what he did and he knew his obstacles and instead of freaking out....He went face to face with his maker and his enemy.

There are many people who follow and don't follow God that make excuses for life. They think they're life is too hard and they step away from they're once spoken goals. But the moment that things get cloudy it is our duty to step up and not be afraid.

v.12-14 So, chosen by God for this new life of love, dress in the wardrobe God picked out for you: compassion, kindness, humility, quiet strength, discipline. Be even-tempered, content with second place, quick to forgive an offense. Forgive as quickly and completely as the Master forgave you. And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it.

I am a chosen one from God, my Father, my Creator, my Maker, my King, my Friend. He told me what I needed to do and where I needed to go. His map is His word and I have no excuse to fall away from Him. I understand the words and I understand that my Lord loves me unconditionally with mercy and grace. I know that I am only human but I can love like He loves. I can be gentle and humble like Him. I am able to forgive others and have my strength come from the inside. I am capable of being disciplined and disciplining myself. I Am.

Lord,
Thank you for having me part of your team, part of your world. Thank you that you have chosen me to be with you and allowing me to show the world who you are through me. I Am because You Are. It is you and only you that can show me the truth to what I need to know.
I forever love you Always
Amen

No comments: