Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

How He Loves Us


1 Kings 17-19; Colossians 2

1 Kings 19:11-12

11-12 Then he was told, "Go, stand on the mountain at attention before God. God will pass by."

A hurricane wind ripped through the mountains and shattered the rocks before God, but God wasn't to be found in the wind; after the wind an earthquake, but God wasn't in the earthquake; and after the earthquake fire, but God wasn't in the fire; and after the fire a gentle and quiet whisper.

When people think of God, they think someone who is always mad, who is a tyrant, someone they are afraid of. And then God reveals Himself and they get proved wrong. God is mercy and knows His children. He knows that if He presents Himself as an angry tyrant king I would be mad at Him and not listen & just not care about the Word. But God being gentle and forgiving, presenting Himself as such, is why I am still in love with Him.

"He is jealous for me Loves like a hurricane I am a tree Bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy When all of a sudden I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by Glory And I realize just how beautiful you are and how great your affections are for me"
His love is like that hurricane, earthquake, and fire. Its intense. God is intense. His love will move mountains and destroys things to make sure we know how much He loves us.

"We are his portion and he is our prize Drawn to redemption by the grace in his eyes If grace is an ocean we’re all sinking So, heaven meets earth like a sloppy wet kiss And my heart turns violently inside of my chest I don’t have time to maintain these regrets when I think about the way "

Gods love is beyond all knowledge. Gods love is something I will never understand and may always question in one way or another. But whatever I think about it, its always there. He is always there.

Father,
Thank you for your unconditional love for me and your people. Thank you that I can share your love and proclaim it to others and show it through who I am. You are love and mercy and grace and through you I am free. Through you I am Me. I am who you created and I am here for you.
I forever love you always,
Amen

No comments: