Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Monday, April 26, 2010

Brotherhood


2 Samuel 1; Psalm 140; Matthew 13

2 Samuel 1:26 I grieve for you, Jonathan my brother; you were very dear to me. Your love for me was wonderful, more wonderful than that of women.
David, during this time was grieving the death of his king and best friend. Jonathan wasn't only his best friend, but he was his right hand man. He was the one David went to talk to, his most trusted mate. He had a solid brotherhood with David and nothing, not even the evilness of his father could take that bond and love for one another away. Not even death.

There are people who find a soul mate in the same sex. But its nothing obscene, its pure holy friendship. The world has perverted a holy friendship to be designed for their own good. David, obviously loved women, but had a special connection with Jonathan that was called Brotherhood. Some people go through life never finding that one person they can run to without feeling judged or afraid. David was never afraid to tell Jonathan how he felt even if it was against his own father. Jonathan saw his fathers true colors and followed who the Lord wanted, not what the people wanted.

It is the best feeling when you come into a brotherhood with someone and can feel the trust and love. That is a Godly friendship. That is an appointed time and place when you meet someone that will be their for you for the rest of your life. I had a brotherhood with someone yet unfortunately it only lasted for a season. And I believe it was God appointed however I do believe that now my brotherhood is with God and that's the way He essentially wanted it.

Lord,
Thank you for your friendship. For listening to me and allowing to go to you without judgement or fear. You have always made me feel welcome and like i belonged with you. You have loved me from the beginning and I know you will never let me go.
I forever love you always
Amen

No comments: