Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Friday, April 16, 2010

4/14/2010 Obedience vs Sacrifice


1 Samuel15-16; 1 Chronicles 5; Matthew 1

1 Samuel 15:9-11 But Saul and the army spared Agag and the best of the sheep and cattle, the fat calves b]">[b] and lambs—everything that was good. These they were unwilling to destroy completely, but everything that was despised and weak they totally destroyed.
God told Saul to kill and everything and everyone. Period. There is a reason why God told him that and it was because God wanted everything that had to do with that clan had to be destroyed so nothing and no one could stay lingering. Saul, already on Gods bad side, decided to keep the strongest part of the tribe alive. He thought by doing that and offering him up as a sacrifice would make God even happier, but he was wrong.

v.22 But Samuel replied: "Does the LORD delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as much as in obeying the voice of the LORD ? To obey is better than sacrifice...

God wants us to obey Him. Period. When we don't obey God we are basically telling Him that our way is better than His. That we have better ideas and we are smarter and craftier than Him. God has us doing certain things for certain reasons. He wants things done His way not to give us more work, but because it is the best way, even if we don't think so.
God wants me to obey him instead of sacrificing anything. It is better for me to listen to His voice than try to impress Him with my brains. Because He gave me this brain, He made me as smart as I am, He gives me knowledge...how can i not listen to the Almighty?

Father,
Thank you for looking ahead when i want to stay in the present. You are the smartest because you truly know it all. Forgive me if i would rather sacrifice than obey. You are my King and Authority, it is you i listen to and follow.
I forever love you always
Amen

No comments: