Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Friday, April 16, 2010

What will i be known for?


1 Samuel 18; 1 Chronicles 16; Psalm 11; Matthew 3

Matthew 3:10 The ax is already at the root of the trees, and every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire.
John the Baptist was a passionate man. He knew who God was and lived to do His will. He lived to spread the good news and wasn't afraid of what people thought. Many men through that time were like that, Paul, Peter, John, James. John the Baptists life was cut short but his legacy lived on. He was a man that bore good fruit therefore wasn't cut down from God. On the contrary he was most known for only one thing baptizing Jesus, but that one thing made him be the man we all know him for.

Some people think they have to do thing after thing for people to remember them. Those people try to live their lives pleasing others making sure other people see them and they are not ignored. But it is those people who produce bad fruit because they are only living for themselves. When someone lives for God and His will is when they will produce good fruit, that's when God will make a way and bring more things in their path.
I am not perfect and sometimes i don't do things that i should but when i do things for God i see what happens next, good things. I am happier, i can smile more, i talk more, i share more. With God and choosing to live with Him is where I am supposed to be.

Father,
Thank you for being in my path in life. I could have ignored you and your will for me but i chose to embrace it sometimes strong sometimes weak. But i am here for you, living for you, doing things for you, loving you. You are who keeps me going in life and keep pushing me further Lord, i know my life isn't over yet.
I forever love you always
Amen

No comments: