Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Friday, April 16, 2010

4/13/2010 Under Control


1 Samuel 14; 1 Chronicles 4; 2 Corinthians 13

1 Samuel 14:24 Now the men of Israel were in distress that day, because Saul had bound the people under an oath, saying, "Cursed be any man who eats food before evening comes, before I have avenged myself on my enemies!" So none of the troops tasted food.

Saul as king was losing his way. He was losing the purpose of why God had anointed him. A king looks out for his people and not just himself. A king is appointed to lead his people through good times and bad times. A king makes sure his soldiers are ready for war at all times. Saul was selfish and wanted to win at all costs. He thought that his people had to do things for him and allowed them to suffer for his cause, not Gods.

v.29-30 Jonathan said, "My father has made trouble for the country. See how my eyes brightened f]">[f] when I tasted a little of this honey. 30 How much better it would have been if the men had eaten today some of the plunder they took from their enemies. Would not the slaughter of the Philistines have been even greater?"
Jonathan even knew better because his heart was right. He knew that making the soldiers refrain from eating was probably the dumbest idea ever. When someone is leading and they are making the wrong choices it is hard to point them out to the leader. There is a level of respect that has to be maintained however when the rest of the people are suffering because of a bad decision, something needs to be said.
God will always bring in someone to be able to let the leader know, their decision is wrong. Jonathan was appointed that person because he had ties to the king and was close to God. I cannot think i am the one that always has to speak up and you cannot think that either, unless God calls us to do something, that's when we move. But there has to be a trust with God knowing that He has everything under control, even if we don't think so.

Lord,
Thank you for having everything under control. There are times that i want to go against authority because i think they are doing wrong, but unless you call me to say something than i will stay back. Thank you for using me in the times that you do and for choosing me to be your voice.
I forever love you always,
Amen

No comments: