Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

This is My Kingdom


2 Samuel 3; 1 Chronicles 12; Matthew 15

2 Samuel 3:39 And today, though I am the anointed king, I am weak, and these sons of Zeruiah are too strong for me. May the LORD repay the evildoer according to his evil deeds!"

David wanted to be a peaceful yet just king. Right before this he had sent away Abner in peace. Yet for the sins of Abners past, he was killed on his way back home. When David heard about this he was distressed and sad because he didn't want any more unnecessary killing, especially in his kingdom. And David admitted he was weak in that time because he realized even as king, people would take justice into their own hands.

There are people who take matters into their own hands. No matter what their authority wants, they want to control the situation. However, God appointed people to be in authority so there would be order in the country, and home. God appointed a mother and father over children's lives to show them order and discipline. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. David was a king who didn't want his own people to be afraid of him, he wanted peace and order in his kingdom. He admitted he was weak not because he was a weak man, but because he was a strong man. He was strong because others might know his true feelings but he wasn't going to go down with a fight. He knew how strong the Lord was and knew that God would bring him justice to those who would try to ruin his kingdom.

I need to be a person that doesn't allow others to try and take away the order from my kingdom. If i want order or confusion than i will allow either. But my strength needs to be in the Lord to lift me up and give me strength when i most need it.

Lord,
thank you for your strength. I know i need more of it everyday to be that woman you have called me to be. You are my Father and i should be more like you. I need order in my life and need to put things in the right places. I know you are teaching me things everyday and I want to listen to you. Forgive me when i shut my ears to your words.
I forever love you always
Amen

No comments: