Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Intricate Stitch


2 Samuel 4-5; Psalm 139; Matthew 16

Psalm 139 O LORD, you have searched me and you know me.

2 You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.

3 You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.

4 Before a word is on my tongue
you know it completely, O LORD.

5 You hem me in—behind and before;
you have laid your hand upon me.

6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain.

7 Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?

8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, a]">[a] you are there.

9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,

10 even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.

11 If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me
and the light become night around me,"

12 even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to you.

13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,

16 your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.

17 How precious to b]">[b] me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!

18 Were I to count them,
they would outnumber the grains of sand.
When I awake,
I am still with you.

19 If only you would slay the wicked, O God!
Away from me, you bloodthirsty men!

20 They speak of you with evil intent;
your adversaries misuse your name.

21 Do I not hate those who hate you, O LORD,
and abhor those who rise up against you?

22 I have nothing but hatred for them;
I count them my enemies.

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.

24 See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.

David was a man after Gods own heart. What that means is that he searched for God and His word; everything that it meant, what God wanted Him to know and how He wanted David to live. In this Psalm David was searching how God created him. He discovered that it was an intricate process, it was delicate with much thought and time.

God didn't create us by a touch of the button, but one by one made us different not only on the outside but on the inside as well. Like sewing clothes, each stitch God knows about, each hemline that is off, each crumple of the fabric, each color that is off, each short sleeved, bad cuff, too tight, too loose. When fabric falls off He knows, even when we don't. He knows when someone pulls at the cloth and damages it. He knows when a part is destroyed or hurt.

At times I think God is not there and wonder where He could've gone. But I'm the one whose wrong. God has never gone anywhere I just stopped searching. I stopped looking for Him, He's just been waiting for me to open my eyes. He created my voice, my eyes, my heart, my mind, my spirit, those things that i need to find Him. He knows my next move, my next word, my next thought and still loves me....

Lord, Thank you for loving me. Thank you for being there for me and never leaving my side even when i forgot to look for you. I know that you are the One who will always be here and never leave me. I know you love me so much that i cannot even fathom that love. But i will receive it all the days of my life. I forever love you always. Amen

No comments: