Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Saturday, April 10, 2010

What is good enough?





1 Samuel 8-10; 2 Corinthians 10

1 Samuel 8:6-9 But when they said, "Give us a king to lead us," this displeased Samuel; so he prayed to the LORD. 7 And the LORD told him: "Listen to all that the people are saying to you; it is not you they have rejected, but they have rejected me as their king. 8 As they have done from the day I brought them up out of Egypt until this day, forsaking me and serving other gods, so they are doing to you. 9 Now listen to them; but warn them solemnly and let them know what the king who will reign over them will do."

The Israelites were Gods people, yet most never had that unconditional faith in God, no matter what He did for them. God had mercy on them, He saved them from Pharaoh, from slavery, from hunger, from dying yet they still wanted more. God showed his mercy, His rage, His compassion, and His justice and yet they wanted more. God heard their cry, showed Himself in different ways, sent prophets, apostles, servants, even the Messiah and yet they wanted more. Samuel was saddened when the Israelites wanted a king because he realized they still didn't get through their thick skulls how powerful and mighty God is.

And even though we can point fingers at the Israelites, like how blind were they? We have to look at ourselves because we are doing the same things. When we go to God last about things we need in our lives, we're basically telling God your not powerful enough. When we complain and moan instead of pray we're saying your grace isn't sufficient. When we get mad that other people who don't even believe in God have more than we do we are telling God your will isn't good enough for me. We have all done this...I have done this and continue to do it, yet God wants us to stop.

Its time to let God know He is the king, He is finisher, He is everything. Its not about what i see on earth because my treasure is stored in heaven. I may be suffering now and not see those things i want now, but what about the greater things in heaven? I am to set my eyes on heavenly things and know that's where my happiness lays.

Lord,
Thank you that my home is not on earth but in heaven with you. Show me those things that i am to look forward to in heaven, help me see those things so i can push through the junk in this world. I want to worship you forever God, be with you and know you more and more. Only you can get me through these times that are tough; only you can lead me to greener pastures.
i forever love you always
Amen

No comments: