Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Friday, April 9, 2010

Give with your Heart


1 Samuel 6-7; Psalm 72; 2 Corinthians 9

2 Corinthians 9:6-7 Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. 7Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

Everyday God wants us to give. It doesn't always have to be money or material things, but it could be a smile or some good advice. When Paul gave, he gave everything. He gave his heart his soul his energy his spirit to everyone and anyone who needed it. The Corinthians were greedy people, they didn't know how to give. And when they did give they wanted something in return. But Paul was trying to teach them that when you give don't have any expectations. Don't think about your reward, because most likely you won't get one.

In church we give tithes and offerings. I give when i can, i can't give every single time, but when i have it i give it. And that's not only with God that's with friends and loved ones. They know that when i have it I'll give it to them if they need it. The good thing is is that when i give though it would be nice to get something back, i don't expect anything. All i truly want is for them to be grateful and for the Lord to be pleased that i am helping His people. I give from my heart and with a smile on my face because i know that one day i may not have enough and on that day the Lord will bring me favor because only He can see my real heart.

Lord,
Thank you for allowing me to have enough for myself and for others. I want to give my heart to you and to those who need it. I ask that you keep giving me more so that i can keep giving it away. I want your people to know that i am here for them to help them to know your love and favor.
I forever love you always
Amen

No comments: