Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Thursday, April 8, 2010

4/4/2010 Blind Eye


Judges 19-21; 2 Corinthians 4

2 Corinthians 4:17-18 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

What Paul went through, the majority of the people in the world will never go through it. He lived and breathed his ministry. He wasn't perfect but he tried his best to the last breath. There were things in life he never go to experience, things that he never saw, places he never went to. He was beaten, bruised, murdered, humiliated in front of his people yet his joy and strength came from knowing the unseen.

What we don't see doesn't mean its not there. I can't see oxygen but i know its around me. The sky is blue yet it is mixed with multiple colors that i cannot see, but i know they are there. My heart and eyes were not meant to search endlessly for what i cannot see. But they were meant to feel and see what is there. I can see things in front of me right now yet i know they will all go away but God whom i cant see will be around always.

This is my faith. This is what i believe in. This is where my hope is...in what i cannot see. My temporary eyes were meant for temporary things. My permanent spirit is meant for my permanent God.

Lord,
Thank you that you have been here yesterday and today and will be here tomorrow and tomorrows tomorrow and the day after that. I can always count on your love and mercy for me. Without you i know i would be lost in this crazy world. I know without you I wouldn't be me. I love you for loving me and creating me your own.
I forever love you always
Amen

No comments: