Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Who are you looking at?


1 Samuel 23; Psalm 31, 54; Matthew 7

1 Samuel 23:17-18 "Don't be afraid," he said. "My father Saul will not lay a hand on you. You will be king over Israel, and I will be second to you. Even my father Saul knows this." 18 The two of them made a covenant before the LORD. Then Jonathan went home, but David remained at Horesh.

Jonathan was introduced to God through his father Saul. Jonathan remained in the path of God but Saul decided to follow his own will. And the consequence was a strained father-son relationship. Jonathan went under the wing of David and became his second in command. Jonathan didn't want to follow who the world wanted but followed who God appointed. He knew that David was the king that God chose and left his family and commitments to follow the God that had shown Himself time and time again.
The Israelites saw God many times yet kept on doubting His grace, His mercy, His power and authority. But Jonathan followed the footsteps of Joshua and Caleb and knew which God he served.

Matthew 7:1-2 "Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Jonathan could have stayed with his father and fought against David. He could have killed David many times, yet instead he didn't blame David. He didn't judge his friend for Gods plan, he embraced what the Lord was doing.
Many people in powerful positions sometimes get jealous and mad because other people are moving up in the world. Some people are threatened by others who can do better than them. Who are more creative, more hard working, and tend to judge those because of their own insecurities. But its time not to look at the talent the person has but what does God want to do with me?
I can't keep asking can that person take my job? Can that person do things better than me?
But instead what does God want to do with me here? God put ME in this position for a reason and i cannot stop till God wants me to. Which means I got to do the best that i can, the best that God has put in me. Its time to stop looking at others and time to keep my eyes on Him.

Lord,
Thank you for bringing me to this place in my life. I know without you i would be lost and unhappy. But with you I am perfect in your sight. You put in me talent and gifts that no one else has, you made me unique and different and i love you for that. Keep me in your path and continue to guide me to you.
I forever love you always
Amen

No comments: