Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

3/30/2010 Deep calls to deep


Judges 8; Psalm 42; 1 Corinthians 5

Psalm 42:4 These things I remember as I pour out my soul: how I used to go with the multitude, leading the procession to the house of God, with shouts of joy and thanksgiving among the festive throng.

There are times when i look back to what i used to do; how i used to be. Those things i remember how the sons of Korah were remembering. I can see it now, being in the conferences being excited to dance, being excited to lead and learn.

v.5 Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and 6 my God. My c]">[c] soul is downcast within me; therefore I will remember you from the land of the Jordan, the heights of Hermon—from Mount Mizar.

When you come from such a high and life happens a low happens too. Wheres the excitement? wheres the joy? what happened to make it go away? Yes, life happened but God didn't leave that life. Sometimes i think God stepped out and i am left all alone. But He wants me to praise Him even if my soul is downcast. Even if i am sad and down and tired with His praise I am to lift up with that smile and remember what i felt before because if it was there once, it will come back again.

v.7-8 Deep calls to deep in the roar of your waterfalls; all your waves and breakers have swept over me. 8 By day the LORD directs his love, at night his song is with me— a prayer to the God of my life

Your water Oh Lord, is over me like oceans roar over the sand. Your love is never ending and your mercy lasts forever. You are my God today yesterday and forever. Whether i am up or down or even sideways you remain my God and i remain your child. Thank you for your forgiveness thank you for your love and kindness. I do fall and i am weak but you God are my strength. Give me the power to say no and to say yes when the time is right. Hold strength to the weak and poor because they can rest in you.
I forever love you always
Amen

No comments: